- Femtosecond Laser for Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Enhancements
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
- Long Island Jewish Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York
- Manhattan Eye & Ear Hospital (ocular pathology), New York, New York
After her junior year at Cornell University, Dr. Kasten Aker became part of an elite group of students who started medical school at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York in lieu of their senior year of college. Subsequent to medical school graduation she returned closer to her hometown to complete her residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center and Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital.
In 1984, Dr. Kasten Aker moved to South Florida and co-founded the Aker Kasten Eye Center along with her husband, Dr. Alan Aker. She has had the privilege in the past of guest lecturing alongside her husband at various ophthalmology meetings. With the arrival of Laser Cataract Surgery, Dr. Kasten Aker now directs all operations of the Femtosecond Laser for cataract procedures. She has been certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is also a charter member of the American College of Eye Surgeons.
To learn more or to schedule a consultation contact us today at (561) 338-7722. Our practice serves Boca Raton, Florida, and the surrounding areas.